February 10, 2007

The Difference ...


By Grace L. Naessens

I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me,
and heavier came each task.
Why doesn't God help me I wondered.
He answered, You didn't ask.

I wanted to see joy and beauty,
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said, But you didn't seek.

I tried to come into God's presence
I used all my keys at the lock.
God gently and lovingly chided
My child, you didn't knock.

I woke up early this morning,
and paused before entering the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I had to take time to pray.


3 Comments:

Blogger NJ said...

thanks for sharing this with us khaleh golbarg,
for a long while i didn't know the reason people pray, when i came to know why, i challenged the way to go for it and when i stopped the bargain, it was little late... i found myself swinging between presence and absence in the time domain of life and ironically in the space domain as well...

regards,
confused

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I amn't sure if you have been confused or I made you!!!

vali kollan jeddi nagir khaale,harchi bishtar behesh fekr konim bishtar nemifahmimesh!!!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

na ghorbun bandeh az rooz e azal hamin pokhi keh hastam boudam.. and by the way what made you think you have confused me????

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home