December 12, 2009

I have decided to share exciting English language points here very off and on. Those who are good in English,please bare with me....and don't forget, your comments are very much welcome.

Pro and con :
For sometimes I was searching for these two words and I didn't know if they are abbreviation of any English word and I found this today:

Pros and cons are arguments for or against a particular issue. Pros are arguments which aim to promote the issue, while cons suggest points against it. The term has been in use since the 16th century and is a shortening of a Latin phrase, pro et contra, which means “for and against.” Considering the pros and cons of an issue is a very useful way to weigh the issue thoughtfully and reach an informed decision.

1 Comments:

Anonymous saabkhoone said...

mohsen jan,
I was expecting your comment on this,specially after the last one:D

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home